May 10, 2011

2010-2011 Recap!

So every time I sit still for 10 minutes and think about the blog, I think of a million things that I want to post about. For this post I was torn between a little nostalgia from the past year (an incredible one at that!) and doing a post about things I'm obsessed with right now.

So here it is, a few snapshots and highlights from last summer and my first year at university (Disclaimer: I might have gone a tad overboard, but what can I say? It was a fabulous year!)

Went on the Europe Trip of a lifetime (pictured in Cologne, Germany)

Julie and I like to think that the older ladies on either side of us were best friends too.

Just to be clear, we actually did this trip two summers ago, but it was just too memorable to leave out.

OK so here's a quick run down: We flew in to Amsterdam, embarked on a Rhine River boat cruise and visited the beautiful cities of Cologne, Heidelberg, The Black Forest and Mannheim, Germany. We then took a train to Lake Lucerne, Switzerland. After our time there, we took another train to Paris, where we spent our last few days together before I left to visit family in England. It was a surreal experience.

I graduated from high school

And reunited with my honey (after 5 months apart! minus one-day visit)

Went to New York City (Wish I had met Bethenny Frankel...my idol!)

I started college in Charleston

Lived with some lovely ladies 

Met some unforgettable people (and future housemates!)

And one gal and I have been through it all (Guess who...)

16 years later and at college together!


And of course Hunter and I reunited a couple more times...


AND finally I had the experience of a lifetime working at Charleston Fashion Week!
(the Spring Bridal Show was absolutely breathtaking.)

So there you have it. That was my year summed up in 11 pictures. Looking back, there were definitely some rough, and very transitional times, but now they all seem so insignificant compared to the life-changing experiences that I had with the people I love. 

Sorry to get so sappy, but it's true! What an amazing support system I have been blessed with.


Until next time...






1 comment:

  1. charlotte!
    hey.
    I'm so glad you have a little blog.

    and of course I remember you. didn't you and your dad arrive at tennis every week in a funny little car with a name?

    so great.

    and you're at college now!
    yay.
    college of charleston?

    what are you studying?

    good to "see you" again :)

    ReplyDelete