May 19, 2011

Sweet Summer

There truly is nothing like summer days spent out on the water enjoying the beautiful Low Country (or in this case Gulf Coast) weather! My family never were 'river people', but I have been lucky enough to have friends (and a boyfriend!) who love nothing more but to spend any free day out on the water, and I can't say I mind.

I have spent today (and will spend all day tomorrow) back home in Florida with Hunter for a few days. We drove back from Memphis, which I wouldn't recommend. It's a 12 hour car ride. By the end, Hunter and I had talked about every possible topic, played every car game imaginable, and sang everything from Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen to the Space Jam theme song. 

So believe me when I say, after all of the graduation madness, I was ready for some Florida relaxation. Hunter's family moved to a very small fishing town on the Gulf Coast of Florida a year after he graduated from high school. So when I say we relax when we are here. I mean we relax. We fish, go to the pool, eat great, fresh food, take afternoon naps, read and watch movies. Sometimes we even venture out to go get an ice cream cone or try out one of the eclectic restaurants around these parts. My summer/winter trip to visit with his family are always one of the greatest highlights of my vacation. 

So far, we have watched Black Snake Moan, which I was reluctant about at first. I have to say it was a fantastic movie with one of my favorite actors, Samuel L. Jackson. Definitely shocking at times, but I have to say Mr. Jackson was quite the blues musician in the film. 


I also started reading a novel that was recommended to me by Hunter's mom. It's called Saving Henry.


I've only read a chapter and I'm already hooked. I'm not going to say anything about it yet, because I'll post about it when I'm done reading it (hopefully, if you know me at all, you know I have trouble ever completely finishing the books I read--I'm working on it).


Well anyways, it's another early morning of fishing tomorrow, so this will have to be all for now. 

Pictures from Hunter's Graduation and our time in Panacea to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment