May 6, 2011

Blog Design

Hello beautiful blog world,

I'm sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. Today was my first real day of work this summer, so I had to get some beauty sleep. I might have also been in a Mexican food coma, thanks to Cinco de Mayo.

For the past few hours I have been gawking at the blogs I follow, trying to wrap my head around their website design. The photo editing, banners, buttons, side bars, I could go on and on. I have been been attempting to make an original banner for my blog, and I have made some progress! I just want to have a blog that is a majority of my own design, not just the standard templates provided by Blogger. It is only my third day, I shouldn't be too hard on my little blog. It is pretty cute.

If anyone cares to, please comment and give me ANY advice! I would love to hear from you and how you make your blogs beautiful.

So it's Friday! Hip hip and hooray to all those who had a long week of exams or work. My summer started Monday, so I can't claim that I've had a hard week. BUT I have officially started my summer internship, so I am indeed a working woman. I work about 15-20 hours a week, give or take. I'm lucky because my work is very flexible, so I can work three full days or 5 half days or something in between. It's a lot of office work, which I actually enjoy doing. I could be quite the secretary!

Weekends are odd in the summer, because every day is essentially the weekend. I want to make an effort to define my weekends over these summer months by doing fun, relaxing and memorable things!

Tomorrow will be the day I start and FINISH unpacking! I think I might also crack open my fresh new Charleston Wedding magazine (Spring 2011 edition!) and get a little sun.

Sunday is Mother's Day, so I plan on cooking my mama a nice meal. I'm debating between brunch and dinner. I'm also going to write her a letter. We've never really done material gifts in our house for Mother's Day and Father's Day, which I'm happy about because it means I have to put in a little bit more effort.

If you know me at all, you know I'm not an expert cook by any means, but I'm working on it. I love food, Food Network, and food blogs. I dream of a beautiful, clean, fully-stocked kitchen like Ina's on Barefoot Contessa. I'm going to start trying a few recipes this summer, starting on Sunday! I heard of a delicious french toast casserole recipe that I think I might try. Whatever I make, I will be sure to post lots of pictures!

That's it for now!

Goodnight lovely readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment